Hillsong - Yahweh ♥ & Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are ♥ (special edition by JS)

Friday, March 27, 2009

Bossnapping

More and more people are becoming more terrified in their work, the feeling of having no control over their life especially something that they've put a lot of efforts and time. I'm glad that I'm not one of the employees that's been laid off, so I guess that's enough to give thanks.
I like the last paragraph that it is normal to feel upset about the situation and sometimes when people are too desperate they do crazy stuff. That's where the bossnapping comes in. Even though we can't control what is going to happen tomorrow, but we can definitely have control over our mood and attitude today. We can let a tiny incident to ruin our mood for the entire day or we can learn something from the experiences and try to move upward!

Cheers!!



March 26, 2009, 5:01 pm — Bossnapping

When workers kidnap their managers.


“French workers on Thursday freed the manager of a factory run by U.S. company 3M held hostage in his office for more than 24 hours in a labor dispute over terms for laid-off staff,” CNN reported, detailing the latest incident of bossnapping:

Luc Rousselet, who was unharmed, was allowed to leave the plant in Pithiviers, central France, early on Thursday morning after talks between unions and officials from 3M France.

“We have an agreement with 3M that they will provide the means to respond to our demands,” union representative Jean-Francois Caparros told news agency AFP.

“The negotiations will resume and that’s a very good thing,” said Rousselet as he left an office where he took refuge on Tuesday afternoon.

Forbes noted that such bossnapping was not new to France:

Less than two weeks ago, the head of Sony’s French operations was held hostage over night by angry employees, protesting the terms of their severance package. In February workers at a factory of tire maker Michelin held two managers hostage overnight.

In a NYT article on growing unrest in parts of Europe – including the vandalization of a banker’s house in Scotland – Julia Werdigier and Matthew Saltmarsh quoted the clinical director of Harley Therapy in London, psychotherapist Sheri Jacobson:

“People are looking for someone to blame as they feel the crisis on a day-to-day basis and experience feelings of injustice and anger as they ask themselves, ‘What have I done to contribute to this?’ … For those who are the target of the scorn it’s extremely difficult, because for a long time they were the champions and they worked hard, and they also look at the situation, saying, ‘My intentions were good.’ ”

No comments:

I hope it is a place where people get inspired. A place where a prayer is found..A place where supports are available..
Love shall never end..It shall never cease..Because all we have to do is to LISTEN & BELIEVE!

All About Me

“I asked God for strength that I might achieve. I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey. I asked for health that I might do greater things. I was given infirmity that I might do better things. I asked for riches that I might be happy. I was given poverty that I might be wise. I asked for power that I might have the praise of men. I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God. I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for. Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am, among all men, most richly blessed.”

Personal Info:

Interests: collecting Starbucks cards (actually anything has to do with Starbucks), watching latest fashion trends, traveling, food tasting, watching movies, doing shoppings (of cuz when it is necessary!), driving nice cars (or just by looking at it), listening music (very imp!), playing piano & composing songs (lack of practice :P), writing stuffs on my blog, playing with my precious doggy (although Puffy's been pretty annoying lately), looking at beautiful things!! ^___^

Favorite Music Genres:
Pop, Jazz, Gospel, Soft Rock, R&B, Hip-Hop



Favorite TV Shows:
King of the Queens, Friends; Prison Break, Project Runway, Travel & Living...etc

Favorite Quotes:
*Easier Than You Think…because life doesn't have to be so hard -- Richard Carlson
*It is a greater compliment to be trusted than to be loved -- George MacDonald
*In poverty and other misfortunes of life, true friends are a sure refuge. The young they keep out of mischief; to the old they are a comfort and aid in their weakness, and those in the prime of life they incite to noble deeds -- Aristotle
*Keep a fair-sized cemetery in your back yard, in which to bury the faults of your friends -- Henry Ward Beecher
*The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend -- Henry David Thoreau
*A joy shared is a joy doubled -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Questions to Ask:
-Do my closest friends enjoy just being with me?
-Am I a friend that others depend on during difficult times?


Love isn't love unless it is expressed; caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included; Loving, caring, and sharing can make for a very happy marriage -- by Anonymous