Hillsong - Yahweh ♥ & Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are ♥ (special edition by JS)

Thursday, January 06, 2011

Soon to be in one of my hillsong collections - Yahweh



Excited to hear this new CD of Hillsong's...
phoned to ask the bookstore, and it turned out to be their last CD in stock.
Though some of the songs are already in my previous collection,
but it's a LIVE version....and the title surely sounds pretty cool!!

Yahweh
Encyclopedia Version:

the God of the Israelites, his name being revealed to Moses as four Hebrew consonants (YHWH) called the tetragrammaton. After the Exile (6th century BC), and especially from the 3rd century BC on, Jews ceased to use the name Yahweh for two reasons. As Judaism became a universal religion through its proselytizing in the Greco-Roman world, the more common noun Elohim, meaning "god," tended to replace Yahweh to demonstrate the universal sovereignty of Israel's God over all others. At the same time, the divine name was increasingly regarded as too sacred to be uttered; it was thus replaced vocally in the synagogue ritual by the Hebrew word Adonai ("My Lord"), which was translated as Kyrios ("Lord") in the Septuagint, the Greek version of the Old Testament

Also, happened to see the Color 2011 Conference info.
so kind of feeling tempted to go.....
It will be in Sydney Mar. 17-19
Simply captured by the ONE LOVE, ONE HEART, ONE SISTERHOOD.
So Beautiful!

One Love – is the love of God. Unashamedly this is about 
the love of God reaching into humanity bringing solution.

One Heart – is one heart beating together, in sync. 
A heart to roll up our sleeves, to not just be aware of 
some of the problems on the earth, but also to be committed 
to do something about it!

One Sisterhood – although it is One Sisterhood, the Sisterhood 
is broad and diverse. It involves women in our own backyard, 
but it also embraces women from far and wide. 
The Colour Sisterhood is a local Sisterhood and a global Sisterhood. 
Sometimes we can be enamoured with the global and foreign fields 
where there is great need, but in reality those fields are "someone’s local". 
Every single one of us has a "local" to be responsible for ... 
And this is a strong message on the conference. 
Yes, we have some strategic God given global partnerships, 
because together we can do more than we can individually... 
BUT we all have local communities full of local needs to pay attention to.




No comments:

I hope it is a place where people get inspired. A place where a prayer is found..A place where supports are available..
Love shall never end..It shall never cease..Because all we have to do is to LISTEN & BELIEVE!

All About Me

“I asked God for strength that I might achieve. I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey. I asked for health that I might do greater things. I was given infirmity that I might do better things. I asked for riches that I might be happy. I was given poverty that I might be wise. I asked for power that I might have the praise of men. I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God. I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for. Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am, among all men, most richly blessed.”

Personal Info:

Interests: collecting Starbucks cards (actually anything has to do with Starbucks), watching latest fashion trends, traveling, food tasting, watching movies, doing shoppings (of cuz when it is necessary!), driving nice cars (or just by looking at it), listening music (very imp!), playing piano & composing songs (lack of practice :P), writing stuffs on my blog, playing with my precious doggy (although Puffy's been pretty annoying lately), looking at beautiful things!! ^___^

Favorite Music Genres:
Pop, Jazz, Gospel, Soft Rock, R&B, Hip-Hop



Favorite TV Shows:
King of the Queens, Friends; Prison Break, Project Runway, Travel & Living...etc

Favorite Quotes:
*Easier Than You Think…because life doesn't have to be so hard -- Richard Carlson
*It is a greater compliment to be trusted than to be loved -- George MacDonald
*In poverty and other misfortunes of life, true friends are a sure refuge. The young they keep out of mischief; to the old they are a comfort and aid in their weakness, and those in the prime of life they incite to noble deeds -- Aristotle
*Keep a fair-sized cemetery in your back yard, in which to bury the faults of your friends -- Henry Ward Beecher
*The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend -- Henry David Thoreau
*A joy shared is a joy doubled -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Questions to Ask:
-Do my closest friends enjoy just being with me?
-Am I a friend that others depend on during difficult times?


Love isn't love unless it is expressed; caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included; Loving, caring, and sharing can make for a very happy marriage -- by Anonymous