Hillsong - Yahweh ♥ & Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are ♥ (special edition by JS)

Friday, May 09, 2008

War Dance Part 2



When I first heard of this movie was from World Vision as they are one of the sponsors for the children in Uganda.

"War Dance," a feature-length documentary, tells the story of three children from the Patongo displacement camp in northern Ugandan:

> Dominic, a former abductee and child soldier of the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA);
> Rose, who witnessed the gruesome murder of her parents by the rebels; and
> Nancy, who kept herself and two younger siblings alive in the bush for a month after the LRA. killed their father and abducted their mother

Dominic, Rose and Nancy are all members of the first school music group from the northern Uganda war zone to make it to the final round of Uganda’s national music competition. The documentary chronicles their journey through the competition.

"War Dance" follows three children from a northern Uganda dis- placement camp as they compete in the National music competition.

The film is funded through Shine Global, a non-profit dedicated to ending the abuse and exploitation of children through the production of documentary films and media products that raise awareness and inspire social and political change.

"War Dance" is produced by Albie Hecht, top film and television producer, formerly with Nickelodeon and Spike TV. It is directed, written and shot by award-winning cinematography team Sean Fine and Andrea Nix Fine, who also share production responsibilities.

Shine Global was founded by Hecht and his wife, Susan MacLaury, who serves as the organization’s executive director. All proceeds from "War Dance" will fund relief and development programs run by several organization--including World Vision-–in northern Uganda.

by Jenni Robison

War Dance is a new documentary movie about three brutalized children of Northern Uganda and their dream of musical expression. The documentary is set amidst the violence of the Lord’s Resistance Army (L.R.A.), who kidnap sleeping children to abuse them and force them into rebellion and murder, sometimes even murder of their own families. Despite the horror, War/Dance has captured a beautiful story about the epic, unbreakable spirits of these children.

Two years ago Rose, 13, Nancy, 12, and Dominic, 14, were forced from their schoolhouse to become rebel soldiers. They each have unique, heart-wrenching accounts of terror with the L.R.A. as they survive through the memories of familial love and utter strength of their will. Through it all they hold onto their desire to dance and make music.

These beautiful children prepare to compete in the finals at the Kampala Music Festival, Northern Uganda’s biggest event of the year, representing their school from the refugee camp of Patongo. They pour their hearts, souls, and bodies into their music and dance–for their ancestors, their homeland, and for victory. Victory not only for themselves, but for all the children of refugee camps, who would gain respect through competition with children who come from more fortunate backgrounds.

Dominic, a xylophone virtuoso, plays music; Nancy dances; and Rose sings. Together they are an awesome force of life and their refusal to give up hope is an inspiration.

100% of Shine Global profits (the film’s producers) goes back to charity. So please, watch this movie and spread the word; it will save lives. The time to help is now. Please watch the trailer at WarDance.org

lol...this is a friend commented on War Dance after watching it!

Shit happens in life, but not as much as it have happened in these Uganda kids.
The movie "War Dance", documentary the kids in North Uganda who suffered with war, killing,and hunger. One kid said in the movie: "It is difficult for people to believe our story, but if we don't told you, you won't know."
While we have been feed up with excess junks, the over nutrition food, the celebery gassip, and waste energy then claim about "green days".
Our hypercritical behaviors contrast with those kids who just want to escape their nightmare by believing in dancing and singing.

It is a worth seeing movie, because after the movie, we know who are the one mourning our own shit.

*What Nancy, Rose, and Dominic believe was something beyond what they can see..that is what I called FAITH.

"I want people to see we're from the Northern Uganda, we're the Acholi and even we grew up in war we can still do good things." -- Dominic


"If I didn't know how to play xylophone, my life would not be good. There is no life." -- Dominic

"I was told to kill 3 people by the rebels. They did nothing wrong, but was killed because of me. I know God is not happy with me even I did not tell my mother. You are the only ones who know I killed people." -- Dominic


"Dear God, why did you take away my dad? Can you take me with him so I can see him one last time?" -- Nancy

"My aunt doesn't want me to go, she said who's going to cook, clean the house, and bath the children?" -- Rose

The movie itself could have been produced in a better quality and technique, but since it is a documentary I think the theme that EVEN WAR CANNOT TAKE AWAY THEIR MUSIC is very clear. It is definitely worth of watching since it brought up some of the themes that's thought provoking engaging people in what they do in life. For them...ignorant is a luxury.

No comments:

I hope it is a place where people get inspired. A place where a prayer is found..A place where supports are available..
Love shall never end..It shall never cease..Because all we have to do is to LISTEN & BELIEVE!

All About Me

“I asked God for strength that I might achieve. I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey. I asked for health that I might do greater things. I was given infirmity that I might do better things. I asked for riches that I might be happy. I was given poverty that I might be wise. I asked for power that I might have the praise of men. I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God. I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for. Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am, among all men, most richly blessed.”

Personal Info:

Interests: collecting Starbucks cards (actually anything has to do with Starbucks), watching latest fashion trends, traveling, food tasting, watching movies, doing shoppings (of cuz when it is necessary!), driving nice cars (or just by looking at it), listening music (very imp!), playing piano & composing songs (lack of practice :P), writing stuffs on my blog, playing with my precious doggy (although Puffy's been pretty annoying lately), looking at beautiful things!! ^___^

Favorite Music Genres:
Pop, Jazz, Gospel, Soft Rock, R&B, Hip-Hop



Favorite TV Shows:
King of the Queens, Friends; Prison Break, Project Runway, Travel & Living...etc

Favorite Quotes:
*Easier Than You Think…because life doesn't have to be so hard -- Richard Carlson
*It is a greater compliment to be trusted than to be loved -- George MacDonald
*In poverty and other misfortunes of life, true friends are a sure refuge. The young they keep out of mischief; to the old they are a comfort and aid in their weakness, and those in the prime of life they incite to noble deeds -- Aristotle
*Keep a fair-sized cemetery in your back yard, in which to bury the faults of your friends -- Henry Ward Beecher
*The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend -- Henry David Thoreau
*A joy shared is a joy doubled -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Questions to Ask:
-Do my closest friends enjoy just being with me?
-Am I a friend that others depend on during difficult times?


Love isn't love unless it is expressed; caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included; Loving, caring, and sharing can make for a very happy marriage -- by Anonymous