Hillsong - Yahweh ♥ & Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are ♥ (special edition by JS)

Monday, April 21, 2008

God's Covenant - Rainbow



**There's just something about Rainbow..that I love soo much..I'm sure it must be the wonderful stories that I read when I was little about how God blesses his chosen ones such as Abraham/Jacob/David! Whenever I see rainbows..it just reminds me of God's Promises. Deep down in my soul..I want to believe those stories are REAL and even I can experience them!!

The Rainbow set as the symbol of the Covenant with Noah after the Great Flood of the Bible.

Covenant (Biblical)-- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Covenant, meaning a solemn contract, oath, or bond, is the customary word used to translate the Hebrew word berith (ברית, Tiberian Hebrew bərîṯ, Standard Hebrew bərit) as it is used in the Hebrew Bible, thus it is important to all Abrahamic religions. The equivalent word in the Septuagint and the New Testament is diatheke, see also Strong's G1242.

In theology and Biblical studies, the word "covenant" principally refers to any of a number of solemn agreements made between God and the Israelites in the Hebrew Bible, as well as to the New Covenant, which Christians consider to be the final fulfillment of these. Christians typically use the term "Old Covenant" to collectively refer to the covenants described in the Old Testament.

God's covenants with the Israelites are foundational to the Torah, as well as to the Tanakh in general, and form the grounds for the claim that the Israelites are God's "chosen people." According to the terms of these covenants, the Israelites were told that they must worship God and obey His Commandments in order to receive spiritual and temporal blessing and avoid exposure to the effects of the curse.[1] When the word "covenant" is used in this sense, the agreement is essentially unilateral, since while the covenant's outworkings are dependent upon human response, its terms are dictated by God. By contrast, at many points in the Hebrew Scripture, human covenants are made - in such covenants, the terms are agreed upon mutually.

Biblical covenants: Noahic Covenant

The Rainbow set as the symbol of the Covenant with Noah after the Great Flood of the Bible.

The Noahic Covenant, found in Genesis 8-9, applies to the whole of humankind. In this covenant, God:

*blesses Noah and his sons, i.e. all modern humankind (9:1)
*places all plants and animals under human command (9:2-3)
*forbids eating meat with the blood still in it (9:4)
*forbids murder (9:5)
*commands humankind to practice capital punishment for murderers (9:6)
*promises that He will never again destroy all life on earth by flood (9:11)
*creates the rainbow as the sign of this covenant for all ages to come (9:12-17)
*On this topic, Jubilees chapter 7, verses 20-28 (part of the Ethiopian Orthodox

Bible but generally considered to be 2nd century BC Jewish apocrypha) states:

And in the twenty-eighth jubilee [1324-1372 A.M.] Noah began to enjoin upon his sons' sons the ordinances and commandments, and all the judgments that he knew, and he exhorted his sons to observe righteousness, and to cover the shame of their flesh, and to bless their Creator, and honour father and mother, and love their neighbour, and guard their souls from fornication and uncleanness and all iniquity. For owing to these three things came the flood upon the earth ... For whoso sheddeth man's blood, and whoso eateth the blood of any flesh, shall all be destroyed from the earth.

Abrahamic Covenant

The Abrahamic covenant is found in Genesis 12-17. In this covenant, God promises:

*To make of Abraham a great nation and to bless those who bless him and curse those who curse him (12:1-3)

*To give Abraham's descendants all the land from the river (or wadi) of Egypt to the Euphrates (15:18-21)

*To make Abraham a father of a great many nations (17:1-8)

*To give Abraham and his male descendants circumcision as the permanent sign of this everlasting covenant (17:9-14)

Covenant with Lot
The covenant with Lot is a covenant independent of the Abrahamic Covenant. God promises the land of the Moabites (Ar) and the land of the Ammonites to the descendants of Lot as a possession (Deuteronomy 2:9, 2:19). David and Solomon[2] were only allowed to rule over these lands as third and fourth generation descendants of Ruth[3], a Moabite[4].


Covenant with Jacob
God specifies a continuation of the Abrahamic covenant with Jacob in a dream, and promises:

*To give him and his descendants the land on which he is lying.
*That his descendants will be like the dust of the earth.
*That all peoples on earth will be blessed through him and his offspring.
*To watch over him wherever he goes. Genesis 28:12-15

No comments:

I hope it is a place where people get inspired. A place where a prayer is found..A place where supports are available..
Love shall never end..It shall never cease..Because all we have to do is to LISTEN & BELIEVE!

All About Me

“I asked God for strength that I might achieve. I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey. I asked for health that I might do greater things. I was given infirmity that I might do better things. I asked for riches that I might be happy. I was given poverty that I might be wise. I asked for power that I might have the praise of men. I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God. I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for. Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am, among all men, most richly blessed.”

Personal Info:

Interests: collecting Starbucks cards (actually anything has to do with Starbucks), watching latest fashion trends, traveling, food tasting, watching movies, doing shoppings (of cuz when it is necessary!), driving nice cars (or just by looking at it), listening music (very imp!), playing piano & composing songs (lack of practice :P), writing stuffs on my blog, playing with my precious doggy (although Puffy's been pretty annoying lately), looking at beautiful things!! ^___^

Favorite Music Genres:
Pop, Jazz, Gospel, Soft Rock, R&B, Hip-Hop



Favorite TV Shows:
King of the Queens, Friends; Prison Break, Project Runway, Travel & Living...etc

Favorite Quotes:
*Easier Than You Think…because life doesn't have to be so hard -- Richard Carlson
*It is a greater compliment to be trusted than to be loved -- George MacDonald
*In poverty and other misfortunes of life, true friends are a sure refuge. The young they keep out of mischief; to the old they are a comfort and aid in their weakness, and those in the prime of life they incite to noble deeds -- Aristotle
*Keep a fair-sized cemetery in your back yard, in which to bury the faults of your friends -- Henry Ward Beecher
*The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend -- Henry David Thoreau
*A joy shared is a joy doubled -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Questions to Ask:
-Do my closest friends enjoy just being with me?
-Am I a friend that others depend on during difficult times?


Love isn't love unless it is expressed; caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included; Loving, caring, and sharing can make for a very happy marriage -- by Anonymous